Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh viruses, why art thou so evil?!

So I've been a good girl today. I'm actually in the library right now revising for those dreaded exams. At the moment I'm studying how certain viruses basically hijack the host cell's protein synthesis mechanisms and apoptotic (cell death) pathways.


It's really interesting stuff! For almost every step in a normal cell cycle and molecular machinery, these nasty viruses seem to find some way of subverting the host system for their own gain. They're kinda vicious if you ask me. Intelligent but vicious.

I then realised that that's life in a nutshell and the parasitic people that might be in our lives. For every step on our road to success there are obstacles and "viruses" that seem to find a way to trip us up. But like our very efficient immune system, we have to fight back. We can either internalise the pathogen like macrophages and destroy it from within or secrete cytotoxic granules and kill that bugger! 

No, I'm not studying war, but I thought I'd just throw that analogy in there. Well, I need to get back to this while I'm still in the mood. 

I should probably mention something about lipstick seeing as that's the name of the blog.......

hmmm..... I'm literally here trying to think of something philosophical to leave with you. I'm just gonna have to whip something up out my *.

Since 2009, the only colour lipstick I wear is red. And I'm talking about really vibrant reds. My favourite at the moment is Revlon Red and no matter how I'm feeling on a particular day, once I apply that red to my lips it's like I bring out another version of me. I wouldn't say alter ego but I do feel bolder and sexier and more alive and it makes me want to smile more; with my teeth contrasting brilliantly with the red frame. So if you are hesitant in trying red lipstick, I say go for it. Bring that vivacious and gorgeous version of yourself to the surface so that we can all see what you're workin' with. lol :D

Do you wear lipstick? If so what's your favourite shade? 

No comments:

Post a Comment